Where are you at in your mind right now? Are you thinking about what happened an hour ago, a day ago, a year ago? Or are you sitting in this moment right now reading these words, seeing these words, feeling these words?
Area of focus: being present, increasing awareness and calmness
- Sit upright with your back straight and shoulders back.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath and count to 4, then exhale and count to 4. Repeat this 3 more times.
- Close your eyes and ask yourself
- Where you are.
- What do you feel? Where do you feel this sensation in your body?
- Open your eyes and take a deep inhale and exhale.
Observation and reflection
Did you feel angry, sad, worried, etc.? If you did, acknowledge the feelings as an observer. Repeat Steps 1-5 from the Exercise. You will fill a shift towards a calmer state, even if only for a brief moment. Practicing techniques like this will help you increase your awareness and calmness.
Write down what you felt during this exercise in a notebook or journal.
Where do you want to be?
Before you can determine where you want to be, you need to determine where you are now. It doesn’t matter where you have been. What matters where you are now, and then you may determine where you want to be.
Identify where you want to be
Learn more about being present in the moment, increasing self-awareness & calmness, and creating the life you desire with a spiritual & wellness consultation with ShaaniCreates.
Book an appointment today.